Top Ten Questions and short answers*
1. Can I stay overnight?
- Yes, by making a reservation on our website.
2. What do I need to bring?
- Food, drinks, flashlight, sheets and pillowcase, or sleeping bag, towel and toiletries.
3. What time is check in and check out?
- 3 p.m. and 10 a.m.
4. Where is the inn?
- On the top of Mt. Tamalpais just below the East Peak.
- Only hiking or biking can access the Inn. (limited parking for persons with disabilities). Call the Inn for details (415) 388-9955.
5. When is the Inn open to the public?
- Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to dusk.
6. Are pets allowed?
- No, except sanctioned service animals.
7. Who runs the Inn?
- Full time innkeepers on site around the clock. Overnight guests and volunteers clean and maintain the Inn and area surrounding.
8. How do I become a member?
- By completing two work parties, obtaining two recommendations by members, and paying $20.00 with your application. You will be placed on the wait list.
9. Is there indoor plumbing? Hot water?
- Yes, but no electricity. Cabins do not have heating or hot water.
10. What are the 3 overnight no-nos?
- no smoking or candles anywhere
- no pets allowed overnight or anytime in the Inn, cabins or on the deck (except officially sanctioned service animals)
- no private events (weddings, showers etc.)
*see FAQ list for more details